Thursday, September 22, 2011

Funky Finds

Last night I finally made the time to go outside and play in Darby. By "Play" I mean I got to scrubbing on her. I must say previous owner didn't pass on a filth pit. Just a tad bit of grease on the stove, but a good bit of dust. I pulled out all the cushions...and found a little surprise behind one of the bench cushions...a hole in the paneling. I'm not sure that it's even worth replacing, once I replace the cushions it'll be hidden again. I must say I felt a tad disappointed....it is only a bazillion years older than me. (12)
I still need to spend my weekend attacking all things Darby with the Dyson, some scrubby brush on the floors. The paint is flat, and it just looks like dirt to me, probably because it feels like dirt. I will be splashing some semi-gloss on 'er soon enough.
I've been getting some goodies ready for when she's all cleaned up and ready for decorating and I'd like to share those with you.
Mind you my budget is SMALL like extra small, so I'm keeping it thrifty on my Funky finds, but I think it'll all pull together great in the end.

Goodies I've collected so far:

Fab fabrics in fun funky colors and patterns, some I purchased just for Darby, some I've had in my stash.


A puke green speckled tea pot.

Animal print bedding...the comforter set is brown with a zebra print burn out...it'd never show up well in pics. Just imagine it, k?

Jazzy pillows for the bed.

Polk a dot trashcan and broom set, and a bright green lighter for housekeeping and fire building.

Bright Bright towels.

Cherry contact paper for the shelves and the one whole drawer in the place.

and I made these fabric covered boxes for storage:

All in all I think I managed to come up with a good bit of Funky Junk on a tight budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment